Wednesday, May 12, 2010

3rd Trimester Ahoy!

Well I'm one week into my 3rd trimester and I already am feeling the differences between the glorious 2nd trimester. I can't believe that I am already into the last portion of this pregnancy. I can't believe how fast this is going! Baby O is incredibly active all the time, especially when I'm trying to sleep. He's growing day by day and I feel like my belly skin is going to rip open any day now!

I have a hard time with the fact that I am physically limited. I am so used to be able to handle things on my own; I can carry in about 10 grocery bags at a time to avoid making more than one trip from the car, I can walk/run on the treadmill for 45-60 minutes with no issues, I can easily open doors and windows, and can sit and stand without issue - to name a few. Now, however, I can carry maybe 2 grocery bags and part of that is because that's about all I can stand to pick up from the store per trip. I can walk on the treadmill for 30-45 minutes but have to stop every 5 minutes and take a 20 second breather. I cannot easily open doors and windows. I cannot sit and stand without issue. Unfortunately I have some significant pain after standing for about 15 minutes. I've taken to putting a chair in the kitchen while I make dinner (that is, when I make dinner). I like being able to do things on my own so it's been difficult to accept that I am limited now. But I'm hoping that I'll bounce back quickly.

Here's the latest picture: 28 weeks

On another note, we are moving! We're headed back to the Front Range, to Longmont in less than 10 days and I can't wait! Now moving is not on the top of my list of favorite things to do, but we're going to be close to friends and family and I can't wait. I'm sad to leave my doctor but I've got another one set up and so I think things will be good there! I can't wait to be closer to the people we love and have the baby around them too!

No comments: