Tuesday, March 1, 2011

No new pictures

It's been a while since I've posted and it has been because I have no new pictures...very sad. My camera is dead and I've apparently just been lazy in getting it charged. Also, Jude is so active these days that my hands are usually tied and I don't have a free one to take pictures. But an update is probably needed so I'll make it short since there are no pictures to hold your attention through too much blabbering.

As I said, Jude is incredibly active! He loves to walk around the house - hands being held by mommy the whole time. His favorite new games include "Chase the Cats" and "Walk through the blocks". He is absolutely taken by our cats. Every time they come into his line of sight, he grins and gets very excited, trying to get their attention. He loves to try his legs at walking so we will walk around the house, following the cats. I don't think the cats particularly like this game, but I guess they'll just have to deal. Jude gets so excited he nearly runs to where they are! I'm astonished at how well he "walks". Though I hold his hands the whole time, it is him who is propelling each step and deciding which direction to move next. This morning we were walking around the living room after playing with some giant blocks and he decided it was fun to walk through the blocks. He was rather unsteady - but thanks to Moms hands, he didn't fall. He'd walk through the blocks and then turn around and walk through another part of them. This boy wants to conquer and will find anything over which he can rule!

He's also a big eater! We feed him baby food about 3 times a day and he usually has an entire jar in one sitting! I try to make baby food because it just seems more economical and I know what's going into the food. However, the stores have been pretty sparse on their selection lately so I've really only been able to make sweet potatoes. Luckily though, sweet potatoes seem to be a favorite!

He's graduated into the next biggest car seat and pretty much loves to sit up in the car like a big boy! He chats with his toys and probably loves to watch the sights. He sits in the carts when we go shopping and is in high chairs at restaurants.

Every day we go anywhere, we get multiple comments on what a beautiful and good baby he is! I think we're pretty lucky to have gotten Jude - he's one in a bazillion and I'm just a grateful, proud mommy! He'll be 7 months old next week and it makes me teary to think how fast he's growing! Hopefully soon, I'll get my camera up and running again and have some pictures to post.
Until then...

No comments: