We recently got back from a trip to Minnesota. For those of you who don't know, I spent my first year of college in Minnesota. I made some great friends and I was so pleased to get to see them again! Unfortunately I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I should have but I'll share the ones I did take.
Chelsey and Jude hanging in the pool!
Me and Cory
Ross' grandparents and family live there as well. It was such a joy to be able to introduce them to Jude and get to see their interaction. No doubt they all would love to see him on a regular basis, but since that isn't possible, less than regular trips will have to be sufficient for now. We had a great time and overall it was a superb trip. Again, I was lacking in the picture department but we did get a few.
Jude and his Great Grandpa Harold
Jude, Grandma Overacker and Great Grandpa
Jude's buddy Finn turned 1 this week and he had a birthday party that we went to. It was cool to see Finn and all the family and festivities. Jude always likes to give other kids hugs. But as he is not very controlled yet, it often times is more of like a head butt and tackle. Jude tried to give Finn a birthday "hug" but I don't think Finn was on board with that. So we had to kind of keep them separated to ensure that Finn had an enjoyable birthday party...football parties are for a little later in life. ha!
Hanging with Dad at the birthday party
Finn being protected from Jude's tackles
Hehehe, too cute!
Mommies and babies
Happy Birthday Finn!!
Finn turning 1 means that Jude will be joining the club soon too! His birthday is this Sunday. As I near the date (tear) I'm thinking back at this year and what I was doing a year ago. I went back and read my previous pregnancy blog posts and here are a few things I'd like to point out:
-I was able to blog a lot more frequently.
-My vocabulary seemed to be rather keen in those days. Maybe something hormonal changes after babies are born which reduces your "stash" of creative vocabulary.
-I will never experience babies or pregnancy the same ever again. This is not necessarily a bad thing. There was so much anticipation of the realization of the unknown. Everything was a milestone. Everything was new. Everything was so exciting. Not that it won't be that way if another opportunity rolls around but it'll definitely be different. There's nothing like being pregnant for the first time and having your first baby. It'll be interesting to see how it's different in the future if we experience it again. I think it'll be just as fun and exciting but it'll also be nice to have more of an idea of what to expect.
-My belly really was HUGE at the end of my pregnancy! I can't believe that we have all survived this first year. It still is miraculous to me to know that Jude lived inside my belly for 9 months. One moment he was in, having everything done for him, and the next moment he is breathing, eating, pooping/peeing, all on his one. What a wonderful and miraculous event!
We are having a party for Jude this Sunday and I'm hoping to be better with my camera skills. No doubt we'll post pictures (and hopefully video) of the event and will also get to show our new digs.
Here's to almost one year...
No comments:
Post a Comment