When I was young, I recall getting some Easter baskets from the Easter Bunny, but my childhood memories are few and far between. I don't remember Easter Egg Hunts...well, at least participating in them. I remember watching little kids get to do them. I do remember coloring pictures of Jesus' empty tomb and a rather puzzled looking Mary, while we sat through "big church". I remember getting a new dress and my Mom always taking the annual Easter picture with me, my brother and sister, and us all having to pretend that we didn't get in some huge fight a few minutes before (yes we did fight on a regular basis - sorry Mom). I think I also recall getting some Easter candy, but our dog Mira eating it all before we had the go-ahead.
While my childhood Easter memories are few, I can't help but get be thrilled about the new excitement holidays like Easter will have once this little man joins our family. We can be the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, etc. I don't of course, plan to dress as these characters...don't worry. But I will get to shop for Easter baskets and their contents, plan Easter egg hunts, cook big meals, and buy cute new clothes, etc. All of this for the sake of the kid! How exciting! It's as though I'll get to relive my childhood through my kid. Now don't worry, I'm not thinking along the lines of Theater Moms or Beauty Pageant Moms, just doing my best to make the holiday(s) as exciting for the child as possible. His excitement = my excitement. What fun it will be to watch my son take part in an Easter egg hunt and see him feel proud at his accomplishment and enjoy the ride!
I can't wait to experience all of these, and more, wonderful moments to come! Here's the belly bulge of the week: 22 weeks, 4 days.
On another note, Ross' birthday is this coming Friday, April 9th! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSS! We will hopefully enjoy a nice dinner out in Aspen and some home-made yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
No comments:
Post a Comment