Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Long Weekend

Oh, to have a long weekend. This has been great! Ross' birthday was on Friday and he got out of work early. That day, we finally got his truck back - 3 weeks in waiting but the truck is fixed and it's such a load off to have it working correctly. He spent the afternoon washing the truck and the motorcycle. The bike we're actually selling, so if you know anyone who is interested...
We also went to dinner at a place nearby called the Miners Claim. It was a great, great dinner! I'm sad that we waited until almost a year after we'd moved out here to try it out. It was a great birthday dinner and a nice little date.

Saturday we went to the Colorado National Monument and went hiking. We took a self-guided, learning tour on one of the trails. It was silly, but a ton of fun to read about some interesting facts about the area, the animals, plants and soil. It was a beautiful day! It was so nice to finally get some sun after such a long winter!









Then I went shopping and had to buy more maternity clothes. Here's my issue with that: a) I have a hard time justifying spending the money but I need clothes to wear on a regular basis, particularly for work and the only thing I've had so far are winter items, b) they're so expensive, c) they gauge you on the prices because they know you're going to buy them even though you're not going to wear them more than a few months! It's ridiculous! I have a great friend who gave me a huge bag of maternity clothes. At the time, I was so glad I wouldn't have to buy a bunch. However, we are built so differently, as I get to the point to be able to wear them, they don't fit. So, alas, I had to buy more! 

Monday we walked into town and went to the bank and sent a FedEx and then went to the last place in Rifle that we hadn't been to have lunch. We've now officially eaten at every restaurant in Rifle. Wow! 
And today was a lazy day.
I've slept like crazy this long weekend because...well...I think Baby O is g-r-o-w-i-n-g!!!! Check out the latest baby bump pic. This is 23 weeks, 6 days: Seems like a huge difference between the last pic. Oh boy, this baby is gonna get HUGE!


This week my brother is having a movie premier, my sister is in town, and we get to see all of my and Ross' family. I can't wait! :)


1 comment:

Jessica and Nick said...

You look adorable! I think it's been a growing week for me too! Can my tummy stretch more? Geez!

I'm going to the premiere so I'll so you guys there!

XOXO,

Jessica