Thursday, June 10, 2010

8 weeks left


I'm astonished how quickly this pregnancy has gone! As of yesterday, I'm 32 weeks and have 56 days left until D Day (or supposed D Day). Baby O is growing, growing. I feel my body has returned to the exhaustion of the first trimester and getting out of bed each morning has yet again become an overwhelming chore. I have also returned to the 3+ trips to the bathroom per night making my sleep very, very unrestful. My belly feels stretched to the brim...cause it is...and it seems as though I can feel every single one of his movements. No stretch marks yet, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm sure they'll come.

We met our new doctor on June 1st. He seems like he'll be great. Our previous doctor set a very high standard and I still miss him; I wish we would have been able to go through the entire thing with him. I hope that I'm just as satisfied at the new place, but it's hard to tell after one visit. We go back next Wednesday for an ultrasound. I think they want to estimate his weight. I think it'll be fun to have another ultrasound - those are always fun - but I think he's probably big enough at this point that we won't be able to see much.

We started Baby Class last weekend and it was amazing. Up until that point I had felt so completely overwhelmed at the prospect of bringing a baby home. How was I qualified for this? What frame of reference do I have to make good decisions? How do I know what I want my birth plan to be if I've never done this before? Well, after the class, I feel so much better. It's taught by a certified doula who has been practicing at the hospital we'll deliver at for like 20 years. She also has 4 kids or something like that. There were 5 other couples in our class and everyone seemed nice. We really enjoyed learning and are excited to go back this week!

I don't have my typical black pants/black top belly picture, but I do have some fun pics. My doctor approved me going back to kickboxing (with limitations of course). I'm thrilled to be back occasionally; it was such a fun hobby for me in the past and I'm glad to be back. I also enjoy the socialization aspect. Plus, my friend who is also pregnant and due 3 or 4 days before me is also there. We have fun :)

No comments: