I'd be willing to wager that "some assembly required" has been a condition of the human experience since the beginning. The colosseum? Some assembly required. Pyramids? Some assembly required. Need a barn to house your horses so you can plow your way to a meager existence in the hills of turn of the century Nebraska? I'll bet you can guess where this is going. And I'm fully aware there aren't really hills in Nebraska, nor did they even call it that at the turn of the century, but let's pretend.
It never occurred to me that this "Some Assembly Required" thing sort of goes along with being a parent. I never realized as a kid that my dad had probably had oodles of experience putting stuff together for me long before I even thought about something as elementary as breathing.
So as a matter of fact, Heidi and I spent the weekend preparing for all those treehouses and Christmas toys in the future by assembling Baby O's crib and changing table. This is in addition to the book shelf, the toy cube thingo, the dresser (that was absurdly hard to put together) and the cradle. I've got blisters on these fingers!
And as a side note, I happened to observe that our child now has nicer furniture than we do, and he's still swimming in blissful ignorance that I can now get my Graduate Equivalency in infant furniture assembly. (Full disclosure, my good friend Jason came up with that line about "nicer furniture". I thought it was so clever I'd steal it)
So having said all that, I'm sure Heidi will be along in a day or two with a new belly picture, and information on the cutesy decor with which the crib is festooned. In the meanwhile, here's some pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment