Sunday, January 10, 2010

Baby Overacker is cookin'

We first found out we were having a baby the day before Thanksgiving. It was the most unreal feeling I could ever imagine. Ross always said that if I found out I were pregnant, the rules for telling him were:
1. Do not call him at work
2. Do not email him at work
3. Do not come into his work
4. Do not tell him in any way at or related to work
So, as I thought to take a test, I did so when he was around. We were still groggy at 5:45 AM and I think it took us about 5 minutes to decipher the display. It was soooo exciting, and sooooo scary!  Unfortunately we still both had to work that day. I don't think either of us did any actual work that day.


We had wanted to have a baby for a long time. About a year before we discovered this greatness, we decided to start the process...and it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. I got so easily frustrated and worried that I was being punished for something I'd done in the past. Everyone assured me that this wasn't the case, but I'm a hard one to convince. I saw a doctor in the summer and he wanted me to start taking a fertility drug. WHAT?! Are you kidding? I'm only 25 and I don't think I'm quite ready for something so "heavy". I had heard great things about acupuncture. So I took the plunge.

I drove the 3 hours over the passes and mountains once a week to see Dr. Doran - my wonderful chiropractor. I was the first person he'd seen with the sole purpose of getting pregnant. I started acupuncture on September 12 and was pregnant by November 13 or so. I couldn't say more good things about acupuncture. It was completely natural - no drugs, weekly tests, monthly sonograms, and no doctors telling me when "to try".  Not to mention, no added chance of multiples.

Anyway, we're pregnant and so very excited! We can't wait to see my belly start to bulge and to find out what we're having!


2 comments:

Jen and Chris said...

Heidi- I am so thrilled for you and Ross! It gives me hope to ehar your story. Chris and I have been trying for 6 months to no avail and it is so discouraging. He is deployed now so we are on a forced break, but maybe I will look into acupuncture when he gets home. I am praying you have a happy and healthy nine months! -Jen

Danielle Smith said...

Oh my gosh, Heidi!! Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you! Children are such a blessing! Yay! Happy days! I love that you have a blog now!
ps-I added you to my bloglist, if that's okay.