I had never been entirely bed/couch ridden because of exhaustion or morning sickness. From about week 6 to week 10 I did feel pretty bad, especially closer to the six week mark. I was so tired and had nausea pretty much all day on and off. But as I started getting more toward the 10/11 week mark I started feeling better. I didn't have near the nausea which I was loving! I began to tell people that I was starting to feel better...and too soon.
Wednesday this week came and I got hit by the nausea train again! Boo. When it hits, it always hits me at night time (and maybe some other times too) - no exceptions. This is of course so amazing because the time I get to spend with my husband is full of whining and complaining on my end. I'm quiet, lazy, whiney, and probably don't have the most attractive look. I have no desire to make dinner or clean up whatever food we've ingested. I have not been very good at keeping up on the laundry or the house work. And I know that I haven't been much fun - who would be in this state? He is such a trooper.
I thought about this during the time before we were pregnant. For over a year, probably closer to two, I had NO mood swings. Seriously NONE. That was great for me, but I imagine it was even better for Ross. Think about it: a wife who has no mood swings? No outrageously bitchy moments? No unreasonable yelling, crying, freaking out, etc. Think about the worst emotional woman you've ever had to deal with - can you imagine your wife, who for two years had completely (or almost completely) "rational" moods and emotions? Now can you imagine that woman all of a sudden has not only mood swings, but pregnancy mood swings? HELLO!! shock! I feel so bad for Ross for having to deal with me. He's a great husband and never complains. I'm so lucky.
He cleans the cat boxes daily. That's a big, nasty task when you have 3 cats! He has learned how to supplement his meals with chips and snacks when I don't feel like cooking nutritious meals. He lets me sleep in 3 hours past when he wakes up - keeping the TV low and the cats under control so I don't get woken up. I no longer get up with him in the morning to make coffee/chai/tea and his lunch and breakfast. And of course many more...
The worst part of all this is that I loved doing all of that stuff before; laundry, cleaning, waking up with him in the morning to make his lunch and breakfast and drink. I especially LOVE to cook and try new recipes and I just love being in the kitchen! He has loved my cooking and I miss doing it for him. I hope in the next few weeks I'll get my energy and stomach back and can do this for him again! He sooo deserves the best treatment in the world and I hate feeling like a lazy and lousy wife. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment