Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's a...

BOY!

Our appointment went really well. I'm 18 weeks today which is a little early to have the ultrasound for this point in the pregnancy. Baby Boy was sitting indian style sort of parallel to me with his bottom down and head up toward my head. So the ultrasound was kind of tough because we only were getting profile pics and because he was cross-legged. The doctor tried to move him a bit by pressing on my tummy and it was kind of freaky to see his head move accordingly. I was thinking, "aah! don't hurt him!" He moved a little bit but no big drastic movements until...
If you need a translation...


Titles and descriptions courtesy of Ross.

So, the doctor said with 99% certainty (in his words) that he's sure it's a boy. Ross is very sure! I believe them both!

Other notes - AAAHHHHHH! I'm excited :-)
-- I have to go back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound. Because I'm only 18 weeks instead of 20, the doctor couldn't see all of the things he wanted to, eg: facial features, brain, heart, etc. Things that he'll check for development, deformities, etc. He said things look great for 18 weeks but he wants to see more. Fine by me, that means I get to see baby move an extra time!
-- I asked about laying on my back. Every book I have read says "no laying on your back!!!!" Every morning I wake up on my back and it's the most comfortable position! He said that it's an old wives tale pretty much and that it's not a bit deal. He mentioned that when he first started in that practice, tons of women would come in and ask that question. I think he finally asked a patient, "where are you coming up with these crazy questions?" Well, he then learned that it's in the book that his practice provides to patients on their first visit! HAHAHA! I thought that was hilarious! And I'm glad that I can lay on my back.
-- My doctor is leaving the practice! What??? Well thank goodness he told me! I guess I'll get a letter asking if I want to stay with this current practice or if I want to stay with him. Well duh! I want to stay with him! I just hope his new practice will be a provider for my insurance!
-- I am now exhausted! I was such a kid about this appointment and so excited that I didn't sleep well and now I'm exhausted!

That being said, here's the other picture from today. More to come later ;-D Enjoy our growing, strapping young man!


3 comments:

Jen and Chris said...

What a handsome little Overacker!

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

Congrats! I love the diagram, haha. So hilarious! I actually like that I had my boys first. I love the whole big brother thing! Sleeping on your back sometimes get uncomfortable as the baby gets bigger and they says it's not best for circulation, but like you, I always wake up on my back as comfortable as can be!!

Danielle Smith said...

Heidi, that last comment was me. I am staying at my friend's house and forgot this is her computer, haha.