Since I am feeling tortured over the fact that I'm still pregnant, I thought it'd be a good idea to make a list of things which are positive about still being pregnant. Don't fool yourselves though, I'm doing this only to convince myself, not other still-pregnant women :)
- I can take reeeeaaaalllly loooong hot showers and I don't have to worry about a baby waiting for me on the other side of cleanliness.
-While it may be incredibly uncomfortable at this point, I am able to sleep in. This is not to be confused with sleeping through the night because that hasn't happened for me in a few months now. While I do awake every hour on the hour to pee, I can still go back to bed as many times as I want.
-I can text my friends all day long no matter what I'm doing during the day.
-There are only a few precious days left for me to eat whatever I want with the excuse that I'm pregnant. Example: I walked to King Soopers tonight to get donuts because I wanted them and ate 2...yes, 2!!!
-I can enjoy the fact that my belly is supposed to be big and not feel self conscious about it one. little. bit!
-People are incredibly nice to me and are very smily when they see me. They open doors and offer to do very simple tasks on my behalf.
-It's a great excuse to get another pedicure!
-I think no one I know ignores my phone calls right now because everyone thinks that "this could be it!" HAHAHAHAHA!
-I can indulge myself in the excessive need for things to be cleaned - I still have time to sweep the kitchen floor 3 times a day.
-My husband seems much more willing to watch all of those chick flicks again
-While I enjoy eating out, it is not MY body that is the restaurant...yet
-If I need to run to store real quick, I can do just that. Run to the store, REAL QUICK.
-Once I've gone to the store REAL QUICK, I can pretty much carry everything into the house in 1 trip. I do not see this happening once Baby arrives.
-I can hold my baby and still have both hands free to do whatever!!
-My distracted driving level peaks at cell phone usage. I imagine it'll soon peak at desired cell phone usage, baby watching, etc.
-While my entire repertoire of things to talk about currently consists only of baby and impending labor, I still am able (mostly) to manage having conversations about regular, everyday, adult things. Don't get me wrong I'm looking forward to only being capable of talking about how amazing my baby is, but at least I haven't lost all semblance of adult conversation-ability yet...
-(this one is for Ross)-Video games are still regularly played
-if I slip and say a "not-so-pretty" word, it's ok
-I think my phone rings off the hook now...
I could probably come up with more, but I think that's a good start! I hope that I've succeeded in convincing myself and staying positive!!! Wish me luck :)
2 comments:
Like Father, like son ...
soon to be GrandpaO
Heidi,
That last comment was from Ed. He didn't want to sign up for a google account, so he used mine. It should say "ED said..."
Cute list. I guess you can add "Overcooked" to the Overacker list of "Over-words".
Sharon
Post a Comment