Sunday, February 21, 2010

Holy Bulge!

I've been slacking with the picture taking. But you'll be shocked to see this next one. At least I was. The prior picture was taken on February 6. This one was taken February 21. So there's a good 2 weeks between these two, but holy crap! I have a feeling, at this rate, I'm going to be enormously huge by the time this baby comes! Here I am at 16 weeks, 4 days.


I messed up and wore the wrong pants to compare to the previous picture - I won't make that mistake in the future. And, I apologize for my nasty hair. It's Sunday and snowing and I didn't go anywhere and I didn't do anything but put it up so it's pretty gnarly! 

Ok, I hope that some of the shock of my bulging belly has worn off. It has not quite done that for me yet. In regard to other items, I'm getting so excited to learn what we are having. Our next appointment is less than 2 weeks away on March 3rd. I hope that baby cooperates and we can see what s/he's got! I'm anxious to meet our little person, but I'm trying to enjoy every day of this. It's already going so much faster than I thought!

Last week I had the quad screen done so I hope to hear good results at our next appointment. While I was sitting in the waiting room though, I think I may have felt the baby move but I can't say for sure. I haven't felt it too often but every once in a while I feel a sensation that is different than anything I've felt before. I can't really describe it, but one time it felt like popcorn popping.

That's all for now :)  Make sure you let the shock wear off before standing up or operating heavy machinery.

2 comments:

Danielle Smith said...

The earliest movements feel like fingers lightly sliding along inside you. I think the earliest you can feel is 17 weeks, once the bones have hardened. Lay down some time in a quiet calm place and see if you can feel it. It is so amazing!! You will really feel shocked once you hit about 20weeks and things just really start growing!! You look great!

Danielle Smith said...

Now that I think about it, I think I have felt movement at around 16 1/2 weeks. Yeah, you should really try and see if you can feel the baby move. Eat some candy or something and wait and see if you feel it.