Earlier this week, I was having a LOT of pain. Standing to sitting, sitting to standing, bending, twisting...anything. On Tuesday morning I was in so much pain that I got sick (eew). So, I kinda freaked out. You'll have to give me a little slack, I haven't done this before. I called the doctor to see if this is normal. He had me come in just to check. All is well! Phew - baby's heart beat was 152 BPM. (Guess all you want on the sex, we'll hopefully know for sure in 3 weeks).
The thought was that I might have a bladder infection. For those of you who don't know me well, or don't know this about me, I have 4 kidneys. When I was a wee one, this caused me some problems and I had surgery to make sure they all worked. Which supposedly they do now, but I pretty much get a bladder infection about every 3 months or so (give or take). Having said that...I KNOW when I have an infection. I've known the symptoms since my earliest memory. I didn't have any of these symptoms, but he decided to put me on antibiotics just in case. Just to add more complexity, I'm allergic to the two medicines they typically prescribe to pregnant women. Well they found a different one, phew! I feel so much better now a few days later! Maybe that's what it was and my symptoms were just different! Yay to my doctor! :) He's great!
So that this doesn't get too boring, here are some cat pictures followed by a few anecdotes. :)
This is our beloved cat Hannibal - Aka: Hannibal Sam, One Eyed Pete, Slinky Sam, Friendly Sam, Prowling Max, Fridge-type Pal, Sicky Sam, Stretchy Ol Pal, Sayin Hi Guy, etc. You get the idea. He is rarely just Hannibal. He has so many nicknames because he has such personality!!! He is so fun and funny.
When I adopted him, his previous owners had just dropped him off at the shelter and were still there. His name was Buzz. The previous owner told me, "Curiosity killed the cat with that one." I thought, "Yeah...you just don't know what cats are like, which is why you're giving him up." But of course smiled and brought home my new kitty! Well, previous owner was right. Hannibal must be everywhere we are, doing everything we do. When I work, he works too.
When we shower, he sits on the side of the tub and plays with the water falling down the curtain (no pics of that).
When we get a drink with ice, he dances at the freezer (bottom freezer) until we open it.
When we're lazing on the couch, he is too.
When we pack, he wants to go along.
He's always got to be the center of attention.
I think that Hannibal has been a bad lil' cat lately to get that attention. Someone has been making messes just about 1 foot outside of the boxes. One foot! He knows where the boxes are. He knows how to use them. Should at least. I hope this isn't a behavioral thing. He's been sneezy lately so I'm wondering if he's sick. If not, I hope that he comes to grip with the baby coming.
1 comment:
Your Hanniball stories are adorable. They made me smile!! Such an adorable little guy. Thanks also for the well wishes about Penny. Hug your kitties--all of them--tightly!
Post a Comment