Sunday, October 3, 2010

So many things to update

I haven't been very good at updating the blog recently. Not like I've been busy or anything...

So lets see...a few weekends ago we went with some good friends up to Estes Park to look at the changing leaves on the trees. However, there weren't any trees that had changed so we just enjoyed a lovely walk. Nick and Jessica had their son, Finn, four days before Jude. Jessica and I got to go through pregnancy together and it's so nice to have someone else to talk about babies with :) Especially since they're the same age!

I've been trying to give Jude more tummy time. He doesn't really like it very much - even though he's really strong and can hold his head just fine with great control. But I've been trying to do it anyway. So we started with some boppy tummy time and kind of ease into it. He likes it that way a bit better.


Jude absolutely loves his activity mat! He has such a ball watching the big blue whale, looking at himself in the mirror and watching the flashing lights of the music player! He lays on his back kicking his legs, moving his arms and squealing with joy! It's so precious!

This weekend we went to Red Rocks in Morrison and just looked at the beautiful views! Jude loved being outside and he got to look around from the carrier!





Jude has also gotten some good grandparent time in! We've got some pictures but for some reason I can't upload them. So you'll just have to use your imagination: Grandparents with huge smiles on their faces and the cutest baby in the world!

Jude was sick on Friday this week. It was so hard for me, and for Ross. I felt so helpless! He was vomiting and had diarrhea and was just not interested in doing anything but snuggling and sleeping. He is not a snuggly guy; he usually wants to be facing the world because he does not want to miss a single thing! But he was just loving on me - which I enjoyed - but he just did not feel good. The doctor thought it was a stomach virus which he said could last up to two weeks! Luckily, that same night after some Pedialyte, he was able to keep down a small dinner and went to bed. He slept from 9 pm to 3 am!! I checked on him at 3 and I think that's what woke him up. Unfortunately, Ross and I were not sleeping that whole time - bad idea! Anyway, he has seemed to be feeling better since then so I'm not really sure what was up! I'm glad the normal Jude is back!

He'll be 2 months old on Thursday and I can't believe how time has flown! He's getting so so big too! He weighed 11.5 lbs on Friday at the doctors...that's close to 4 lbs of weight gain in 2 months. I'm proud of that! :) Go Jude! He's smiling and cooing - he loves it when Daddy gets home and they get to play! He's just so fun!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Jude updates!! I can never get enough of him. He is the most adorable baby! Thanks
Grandma Sharon

Danielle Smith said...

I am jealous of everything you guys get to do in Colorado!! Jude is so cute! You are such a beautiful mom. You definitely have that glow that new moms have. I am sorry to hear that he was so sick. That is one of the hardest things to deal with as a parent.